So says the Blood Center of Wisconsin, which encourages community members to give blood at the Delavan-Darien High School Blood Drive on Thursday, March 8, 2012.
The drive runs from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. in the high school’s gym, 150 Cummings St., Delavan.
To donate blood, you must be:
- Be at least 17 years old. (16-year-olds may donate with parental consent. For more information, please read Parental Information on Blood Donation.)
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Be free of major cold, flu, and allergy symptoms.
- Present a photo I.D. with birth date
- Not have had hepatitis after age 11.
- Not have had any risk factors/behaviors associated with HIV/AIDS.
There are reasons why donors may not be able to donate. Donors should be prepared to share personal medical information with nurses, including prescription medications, medical history and travel outside of the United States.
Appointments for donations are encouraged. To make an appointment, contact DDHS Student Council Advisor Kristin Parker at (262) 728-2642 ext. 4475 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.