A message from DDHS Director of Bands Jim Gornick to all DDHS band members:
A reminder to all DDHS Concert Band, Symphonic Winds, and Color Guard members that August rehearsals for the DDHS Marching Band will take place on Monday, August 13th and Monday, August 20th. Rehearsals will take place from 6-9 p.m. on both evenings. Rehearsals will begin in the DDHS Band Room promptly at 6 p.m. Be there early to get set-up! Please note: Drum Majors should report to the DDHS Band Room by 5:30 p.m. at the latest.
Students should please make sure to be sure that they bring everything they need for these rehearsals, such as:
- Instrument & any accessories necessary for playing
- Any flags taken home for practice (Color Guard)
- Mallets and sticks (Drum Line & Pit)
- Flip folder with all field show and pep band music in it, and lyre
- Superior Bands in 16 Weeks book
- Shoes that you can march in
- A copy of your drill (in your drill binder), and your cast sheet (if you haven’t memorized your coordinates)
- Your drill binder with drill in it, and with two sets of shoelaces ran through the binding and tied together
- Water bottle
DDHS Band Members should read the following letter in regards to practice goals and homework to have accomplished/finished before the Monday, August 13th rehearsal:
We will be working hard to learn drill for the field show on these evenings, so it is very important that you do your best to meet these practice goals before each rehearsal.
Mr. Gornick would also like to congratulate the DDHS Marching Band on a great Camp Week (July 30-August 4). You worked hard in hot conditions and accomplished so much in order to lay the groundwork for a successful marching season. From the first rehearsal on Monday to the end of the week performance on Saturday, you improved an enormous amount and you should be very proud of yourself. Keep striving to always Be Your Best and Do Your Job!
Please read the following letter listing any materials left behind after camp. If you are listed, please come pick up your items in the Band Office as soon as possible:
Please contact Mr. Gornick directly if you have any questions. Between now and the rehearsal this Monday, August 13th, Mr. Gornick’s cell phone and school email are the best way to reach him. 608-732-7634. firstname.lastname@example.org.