DELAVAN — Why wait until Black Friday to start your holiday shopping? The Delavan-Darien Friends of the Visual and Performing Arts community group is holding its annual Holiday Craft Fair at Delavan-Darien High School from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 13.
There will be lots of items to choose from with about 100 vendors present. Proceeds go to supporting fine arts programming within the Delavan-Darien School District.
Here are a few fast facts about the fair, the largest fund-raiser for the Friends of the Visual and Performing Arts group:
• The fair has been going on for about 30 years, started first by the Delavan Junior Women’s Club.
• Proceeds from the fair will fund about $2,000 in scholarships for graduating Delavan-Darien High School seniors.
• Proceeds also pay for the cost of any student, $400 each, who qualifies for the state Honor choir, orchestra or band.
• Proceeds fund the cost of up to 10 students planning to attend a music camp of their choice.
• Funds help fine arts teachers in the Delavan-Darien School District pay for “wish list” items that aren’t covered through district budgets.
About 100 booths will display a wide array of craft items, including jewelry, hand-made crafts, floral arrangements, candles, artwork, dolls, holiday decorations and more. Crafters attending the event come from throughout Wisconsin and Illinois, organizers say. A food court and free parking will be available. For additional entertainment, DDHS students will be performing music and visitors can get a sneak peak of scenes from The Nutcracker by dancers from The Delavan Dance Factory.
Admission is $2 per person. The event will be held in the DDHS gymnasium and commons area, 150 Cummings St., Delavan.
If you would like more information or to donate a pie for the food court, please contact Vikee Loudon at (262) 903-3655 or Monique Jeffrey at (262) 728-1605.