The Wisconsin School Music Association’s State Solo and Ensemble Festival was held Saturday, April 27. Delavan-Darien High School band and orchestra students performed beautifully at the regional event, held at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater., with five individual firsts, a first for both the Jazz Ensemble and Pop Strings Ensemble, and five seconds for soloists and duets.
Placing first were:
- Senior Rachel Riggs, Violin Solo
- Senior Nic Bradley, Double Bass Solo and Tuba Solo
- Sophomore Alonzo Oritz, Piano Solo
- Freshman Melonie Wright. Alto Saxophone Solo
- DDHS Jazz Ensemble (see members below)
- DDHS Pop Strings Ensemble (see members below)
Receiving second marks were:
- Sophomore Liam McPherson, Viola Solo
- Sophomore Haylie Rogers and junior Katherine Riley, Viola Duet
- Senior Rachel Riggs and sophomore Vanessa Hernandez. Violin Duet
- Senior Kylie Bliss, Cello Solo
- Senior Therese Hartogh, Alto Saxophone Solo
Congratulations to our student musicians!
DDHS Jazz Ensemble Members:
Saxes: Therese Hartogh, Zach Larson, Amanda Davis, Bob Benzon, Merissa Gemas, Ben Parr; Trumpets: Noah Quintero, Logan Truckenbrod, Nick Duerig, Connor Welsh; Trombones: Alex Parr, Andrew Madura, Ryan Ettner, Amanda Lee: Piano: Melissa Wilson; Guitars: Tyler Hansen, Jason Jeffrey; Bass: Nic Bradley; Percussion: Noah Olson, Cole McKinney, Anthony Welch.
DDHS Pop Strings Ensemble Members:
Jace Banasik, Kylie Bliss, Nic Bradley, Caitlin Chanda, Brenda Echeverria, Mikayla Farley, Tyler Hansen, Miriam Hernandez, Vanessa Hernandez, Makayla Hines, Amanda Huerta, Shionna Langholff, Amanda Lee, Liam McPherson, Alina Moreno, Eliah Nelson, Cheyenne Norman, Alonzo Ortiz, Storm Peterson, Simeon Ploeger, Rachel Riggs, Katherine Riley, Haylie Rogers, Mary Sibilski, Vanessa Tejeda, Mirbella Turcios, Nicole Van Dyken, Javana Villarreal, Anthony Welch and Aaron Wojciechowski.