The Turtle Creek Incredibles, the parent group for Turtle Creek Elementary School, is sponsoring a Reading Restaurant activity night on Thursday, April 10, from 5:30-7 p.m. at the school.
Families should plan to come to school to enjoy some quality reading time with their children. Families can also buy books at the school’s BOGO Book Fair, which is occurring during the Reading Restaurant.
Upon entering, families choose between four and seven classrooms (or “restaurants”) to read and enjoy a themed snack.
Families will have a passport and menu with a list of all the choices of restaurants/classrooms.
The evening is free of charge. All Turtle Creek Elementary School students and parents are encouraged to attend.
Check out the list of teachers, book themes/series and and snacks below:
1. Peggy Behrens – BEHRENStain Behrs/ Berenstain Bears Books/ Trail Mix
2. Lisa Gosse – The Castelluccio Cafe’/Italy fact books/Meatballs
3. Patrick Wrubbel – Wrubbel’s Wallbangers/Baseball books/peanuts
4. Janaky/Andreoni – Mo’s Diner/Mo Willems Books/hotdogs
5. Stacy Jacobs – Jacobs Jungle/5 Little Monkey’ Books/Bananas
6. Beth Fossler – Fossler’s Fluttering Butterfly House/ Butterfly books/Chocolate with pretzels
7. Cristin Shade – All About Colors/ Color and Rainbow Books/ Cookies
8. Abby Drobot – Drobot’s Dirt Desserts/garden and flower books/dirt cake
9. Elizabeth Meinen – Mrs. Meinen’s KinderGarden/ garden books/ants on a log
10. Lisa Seitz – SEITZ SEEING/Travel and world books/ Spatzels
11. Elizabeth Calhoun – Antojitos Mexicanos/ Spanish books/chips and salsa
12. Library (Sherry and Sarah)- Munsch Hut/ Robert Munch books/munchies
13. Mindi Huebner – Cookie Dough Cafe/ baking books/Fundraiser samples of cookies
14. Special Education Teachers – Sizzle with Ms. Frizzle/ Ms. Frizzle Books/bacon wrapped snacks
15. Jessica Hack – Hack’s Facts/Fact books/snack mix
16. Peggy Fleck – TC Lilypad/ Froggy Books/ Fly Bite Snacks
The BOGO Book Fair will be held in the cafeteria/gymnasium.
Don’t miss out on this great event!