Just because the last day of school this year is June 11, learning doesn’t have to end there.
Parents and children will have the opportunity to explore the various digital databases that the district and state purchases during the school year to use with students.
This year, the Delavan-Darien School District will have many of them available for students to access during the summer so they can continue learning.
To learn more about the database opportunities afforded to our students, all three Delavan-Darien elementary schools are hosting a digital database showcase and exploration event for families of elementary-aged students.
All Delavan-Darien elementary families (parents and students) are encouraged to come to the Phoenix Middle School Library (414 Beloit St., Delavan) from 5-7 p.m. Monday, May 11, explore the many digital tools available to students.
Some of the databases that will be available:
- Destiny – Destiny is the gateway to our eBooks, print books, websites and some of our great digital tools.
- Tumblebooks – digital books
- Pebble Go and Pebble Go Next – Great tools for beginning research
- Brainpop – Great Non-Fiction Videos
- Netsmartz and Digital Citizenship – Internet Safety
- Badgerlink – BadgerLink is Wisconsin’s Online Library, providing Wisconsin residents with licensed content not available through regular internet search engines.
For more information, contact Library Media Director Peggy Fleck, 728-2642 x4811 or email@example.com.