Small fire reported at DDHS

Comet Logo TRANSPARENTAround 6 a.m. this morning (Nov. 14, 2015), the DDHS girls basketball team was at the high school preparing to leave for a scrimmage game.

Members of the team reported smelling smoke and the fire department was called.

A small fire was located in a towel cart in the school’s maintenance garage. All damage was isolated to the cart and towels.

There is a smell of smoke in some areas of the building, which is being ventilated.

Normal operations are expected to resume when the building opens on Monday for staff inservice meetings and on Tuesday when students return to school.

We are ‪#‎DDCometProud‬ of the basketball team for taking appropriate actions and ‪#‎DDCometThankful‬ for the emergency responders who located the fire and ensured it did not cause further damage beyond the towels and cart.

About ddschools

324 Beloit St. Delavan, WI 53115 www.ddschools.org
This entry was posted in Delavan-Darien High School, Delavan-Darien School District, News Releases. Bookmark the permalink.