Delavan-Darien School District and the University of Wisconsin-Extension Office in Elkhorn are hosting an upcoming “Raising a Thinking Child Parenting Program” for parents of kids ages 4-7.
The program will run on Tuesdays, from Feb. 16 through April 19 (no class on April 5 for spring break) at Turtle Creek Elementary School, 1235 Creek Road, Delavan. Each class is from 4-5:15 p.m.
It is open free of charge to all Delavan-Darien School District families. The course is $25 for non-district families.
This evidence-based workshop series will help parents guide their child(ren) to solve common, everyday problems by communicating with them.
Through the weekly classes, along with interactive, fun activities that can be done at home, parents will learn ways to help their child(ren) think in new problem-solving ways.
Participants will learn:
- To give their children skills to solve their own problems and think about the consequences through fun games.
- How to help kids care about and understand their own and others’ feelings.
This adult program is facilitated by Jenny Wehmeier, Walworth County UW-Extension Family Living Educator. The children’s program is facilitated by Debbie Johnson of the Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program to teach healthy eating habits.
To sign up for the Raising A Thinking Child Parenting Program, fill out THIS FORM and mail it to UW-Extension, PO Box 1001, Elkhorn, WI 53121. Deadline is Feb. 10.
- What: Raising a Thinking Child Parenting Program
- When: 4 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Tuesdays, Feb. 16-April 19
- Where: At Turtle Creek Elementary School, 1235 Creek Road, Delavan
- Cost: Free for Delavan-Darien families. $25 for non-district families
- Sign Up Form
- Register by mail: UW-Extension, PO Box 1001, Elkhorn, WI 53121