Turtle Creek Elementary fifth graders Gracie Yartey and Dakota Taylor were selected as the school’s first ever Peace Mentors.
Gracie and Dakota will be attending the 22nd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration on January 18 in Kenosha sponsored by Gateway Technical College with Mrs. Anne Landis, guidance counselor.
A Peace Mentor is a student who:
- Is a positive role mode to his/her peers.
- Helps create a peaceful classroom and learning environment.
- Shows kindness, caring and compassion for others, even when is it not easy.
- Practices inclusion regardless of their differences.
- Helps resolve conflicts with peer without violence or put downs.
- Makes the right choice even when no one is looking.
- Embraces the importance of being part of a valuable team.
- Acts in such ways that insures the success of everyone on the team.
Congratulations Gracie and Dakota! We are very proud to have you representing our school!