DELAVAN — The Delavan-Darien School District is hosting an Open House and Information Night for new incoming 4-year-old kindergarten students and their families starting at 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 23, at Wileman Elementary School, 1001 E. Geneva St., Delavan.
Following a change in the school district’s elementary school grading structures (affecting where students attend school depending on the grade they are in), the open house will look to explain new programming offerings (including an onsite childcare option), answer all parents’ questions about the educational opportunities available to 4-year-old students in the Delavan-Darien School District. The Open House and Information Night is for students who will be starting 4-year-old kindergarten in September 2016. A light dinner will be provided, and kids are welcome to come.
Starting in September 2016, all Early Childhood Program and 4-year-old and 5-year-old kindergarten students in the Delavan-Darien School District will attend school at Wileman Elementary. The school will be designed “with the district’s littlest learners” in mind. Parents are asked to come and bring their suggestions and design ideas for making Wileman Elementary School most appropriate for teaching our community’s 3-, 4- and 5-year-old learners.
School officials will also be on hand to talk about:
- 4-year-old kindergarten program options (half-day and full-day),
- the Dual Language Education Program,
- the Sheltered English Program,
- transportation options for students,
- before- and after-school childcare options within the school building,
- the play-based OWLS Curriculum for preschool learners,
- the district-wide One-to-One technology program offered in Delavan-Darien Schools,
- special education program options,
- ideas to reconfigure and redesign the school for young learners,
- reasons why all 4-year-old kindergarten students will be in one building,
- and much more.
Students and parents can meet the building principal, teachers, special education director, language acquisition director, on-site childcare provider and take a building tour.
For more information call 262-728-2642 ext. 4805, or ext. 4814 (for Spanish-speakers).